AWS reInvent 2019 is in the books and didn’t disappoint! The massive Amazon Web Services cloud computing conference, attracted over 65,000+ partners and customers last week in Las Vegas.
The event arrives at a key time for customers of all segments and emerging partners — many of which are seeking new tools & announcements, new strategies for DevOps, IT service management (ITSM), business automation, cybersecurity, data protection, customer migrations and mitigating risk in moving to the cloud.
Coming into the conference, Amazon continued to ride strong cloud services momentum — backed by still being the longest leader in the Gartner magic quadrant for cloud computing. But, Microsoft Azure is coming on strong, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is making major investment dollars fueling their cloud’s expansion.
Here are top 10 announcements of #reInvent2019:
10. Quantum Computing: AWS unveiled a new Quantum Computing Service (called Amazon Braket) along with AWS Center for Quantum Computing and AWS Quantum Solutions Lab.
9. Graviton2-Powered EC2 Instances – New Arm-based general purpose, compute-optimized, and memory-optimized EC2 instances powered by the new Graviton2 processor. The instances offer a significant performance benefit over the 5th generation (M5, C5, and R5) instances, and also raise the bar on security.
8. Amazon CodeGuru – This ML-powered service provides code reviews and application performance recommendations. It helps to find the most expensive (computationally speaking) lines of code, and gives you specific recommendations on how to fix or improve them.
7. The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has broadened scrutiny of Amazon beyond its retail operations to include AWS.
6. Amazon Detective – This service will help you to analyze and visualize security data at scale. You will be able to quickly identify the root causes of potential security issues or suspicious activities.
5. Amazon RDS Proxy – This is a fully managed database proxy that will help you better scale applications, including those built on modern serverless architectures, without worrying about managing connections and connection pools, while also benefiting from faster failover in the event of a database outage.
4. AWS Nitro Enclaves – AWS Nitro Enclaves will let you create isolated compute environments to further protect and securely process highly sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII), healthcare, financial, and intellectual property data within your Amazon EC2 instances. Nitro Enclaves uses the same Nitro Hypervisor technology that provides CPU and memory isolation for EC2 instances.
3. AWS Compute Optimizer – AWS Compute Optimizer uses machine learning techniques to analyze the history of resource consumption on your account, and make well-articulated and actionable recommendations tailored to your resource usage. AWS Compute Optimizer is integrated to AWS Organizations, you can view recommendations. Question we are always asked, “How can I be sure I chose the right instance type for my application?” Choosing the correct instance type is between art and science, and AWS Compute Optimizer is another tool for the job.
2. AWS Wavelength – 5G Networks: AWS and Verizon teamed up to deliver 5G edge cloud computing capabilities. Also, the AWS Wavelength service — in collaboration with Verizon, Vodafone, KDDI and SK Telecom, allows AWS to created 5G applications with single-digit millisecond latencies possible for wireless customers in the US, Europe, Japan and Korea, the companies say. This announcement may go unnoticed, but our gaming customers are super excited about this new product release and supporting 5G moving forward!
1. AWS OUTPOSTS – Hybrid Cloud Is Here to Stay: We are most excited about OutPosts being generally available now! eCloud has over 1600+ global datacenter and access to each DirectConnect available, we have lined up to support AWS Outposts — an on-premises version of AWS technology. Outposts features racks of AWS compute and storage — the same hardware used in AWS public region datacenters — to bring AWS services, infrastructure, and operating models on-premises to customers. We provide a full 24/7 Managed Service for OutPosts and AWS.
Contact us to get started and discuss where the above product announcements can be leveraged in your AWS environment!